How to remove DNS Unlocker
DNS Unlocker is a browser add-on that can be installed into the PC of the user without his permission. If you see this program on your computer, but you do not realize why it is here, so perhaps it was downloaded with any free software from the web that was added lately. This is the technique how free programs get money for their developers. You installed freeware and it downloaded one more application into your computer, this software will show you many ads and pop-ups in order to make you click on them and choose the special offers that are described there. If you decide to use the offers and sales or just click on the deals, the free program creators will get their money from the agencies that produced these commercials. There is no good in the the software that can be downloaded and installed without users agreement, they are considered to be undesirable and potentially harmful programs. So, it is better to remove DNS Unlocker. If you are ready to uninstall it right now, so study the methods form this page.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use DNS Unlocker removal tool
How to Remove DNS Unlocker easily
You are able to delete DNS Unlocker by yourself, if you are an experienced user. Still, it is is essential to do not forget that when you uninstall adware on your own, you take all the responsibility for the probable final results. In other words that the security of the computer is in your own hands.
In case you are sure you have more than enough abilities to accomplish that, start with removal of ads applications with manual techniques. If you aren’t sure that you can deal with this particular instruction, it is recommended to download an effective adware removal application that help to get rid of harmful registry entries quickly. Spyhunter is one of such removal applications.
- It removes DNS Unlocker absolutely.
- It will protect your computer against similar pop-ups in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other malware.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain DNS Unlocker in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “DNS Unlocker” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google.com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google.com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google.com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google.com and Bing.com from the list.
At first glance it may seem that DNS Unlocker, like other types of adware, is a useful application as it demonstrates beneficial coupon codes and also different specials. Still, it’s not so, since adware penetrates into your browser without your permission and then it shows pop-ups no matter whether you need all of them or not. Additionally, any time you click on such popping-up windows you actually can be sent straight to unsafe website.
Adware is installed on the laptop or computer along with other software downloaded from the web. Lots of cost-free utilities are bundled with adware, so it is possible to get DNS Unlocker whenever you download freeware or shareware. To avert the invasion of viral application to your pc, installing cost-free media files, take note of the installation process. It is better to choose the custom or advanced installation that will help you to detect and disable unwanted programs.
Common Symptoms of DNS Unlocker
It is really annoyingto have adware, as it’s going to bother you each time you will open the browser. Here are the main symptoms of DNS Unlocker:
- It installs toolbars that considerably make slower the internet performance.
- DNS Unlocker sets its home page and therefore redirects you to unrelated websites or possibly to its own website.
- Adware infects the computer with malicious data and registry keys.
- It modifies default search engine and it will display not related search results.
- DNS Unlocker invites various threats, like trojan viruses and ruins windows registry entries.
- It can gather user’s private data and then pass it to cyber scammers.
DNS Unlocker Facts
|Identity theft Statistics||92,9%|
|OS crash probability||0,9%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||18,2%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||11,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||24,1%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||96,8%|
|Infected computers in the USA||15,3%|
|Infected computers in Europe||4,5%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||28,6%|
Adware program is one of the most quickly distributing viruses, due to the fact that it is integrated in essentially the most popular applications. It is difficult to remove adware from your computer manually, simply because it generates a lot of windows registry entries.
The way to protect your Laptop or computer From DNS Unlocker
If you don’t want to get the noted above issues, you need to know how to protect your laptop or computer against the attack of DNS Unlocker.
- As this adware could be installed together with diverse free software, so do not install free software from the websites that seem to be suspect.
- Don’t browse strange websites.
- Choose custom installation of computer software and deselect every tick in the checkbox that seems to be doubtful.
- Install a reliable antivirus application.
- Scan the personal computer for malware regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
In case your computer is infected with DNS Unlocker or other adware or a computer virus, you’ve got several removal ways to fix this specific problem. The first thing you can eliminate adware with manual instructions. This method is incredibly effective, however it is appropriate mainly for experienced users, because in the event you will damage the registry entries you can face many extra problems. You’ll be able to aim to remove adware by using any sort of no cost program, however, you need to understand that not all of the no cost adware removal tools happen to be effective. Another solution is usually to bring your computer to the repair centre. It’s probably one of the most helpful methods to uninstall adware as well as viruses, still it’s very high priced. These days a lot of users choose having fee based antispyware applications. If you select this variant, you have to pay one time and get a dependable protection.
If manual DNS Unlocker removal did not provide the preferred results or in case the adware shows up again, you need to try Spyhunter. This kind of dependable as well as useful program can defend your personal computer against a vast variety of threats including DNS Unlocker and also other adware. DNS Unlocker is able to keep your laptop or computer safe even when other sorts of antivirus applications were useless.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov