How to remove My Search Dock easily
My Search Dock is software that will be helpful for online shopping, in case if you need to buy anything. It can show you many pop-ups with diverse special offers. Do not fully follow to the information that you can see in the advertisements, because it can be misleading. Not every one, nonetheless it is rather repeated situation. It also can be risky to visit the sites of the advertisements that you are shown because these sites can be harmful. If you do not want to compromise the security of your computer, then you are welcome to read the article and apply the method to remove My Search Dock.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use My Search Dock removal tool
How to Remove My Search Dock easily
You can eliminate My Search Dock by yourself, if you are a skilled user. Yet, it is is important to do not forget that when you uninstall adware by yourself, you are responsible for the possible final results. In other words that the security of your laptop or computer is in your hands.
If you are certain that you have more than enough abilities to perform it, start with removal of ads applications with manual methods. If you aren’t sure that you can deal with this particular instruction, it is suggested to use an effective adware removal tool that help to delete harmful folders quickly. Spyhunter is one of these removal applications.
- It removes My Search Dock right now.
- It will protect your system against similar pop-ups in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other computer threats.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain My Search Dock in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “My Search Dock” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is My Search Dock
At first glance it seems that My Search Dock, as well as other types of adware, is a helpful application mainly because it displays advantageous coupons and also different bargains. But, it is not really so, simply because adware installs into your web browser without your permission and also it displays advertisements no matter whether you want them or not. Furthermore, any time you click on such popping-up windows you can be sent straight to viral website.
Adware is usually installed on the computer together with other software downloaded from the world wide web. Plenty of cost-free utilities are bounded with adware, so it is possible to get My Search Dock anytime you download free software applications. In order to prevent the intrusion of undesired application into your pc, installing no cost computer files, take note of the installation process. It is better to choose the advanced or custom installation that is going to allow you to detect and also eliminate harmful software.
Ways to protect your Personal Computer From My Search Dock
If you don’t want to get the mentioned above complications, you need to know the way to protect the computer from the intrusion of My Search Dock.
- As this adware can be installed with different free programs, so don’t install free software from the websites that seem to be suspect.
- Do not surf unknown websites.
- Set custom installation of software and deselect everything that seems to be questionable.
- Install a dependable antivirus program.
- Scan the laptop or computer for viruses regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
In case your computer is infected with My Search Dock as well as other adware or malicious software, you’ve got several removal ways to solve this particular issue. At the beginning you are be able to eliminate adware manually. This way of removal is very helpful, but it is appropriate mainly for experienced users, because in case you will damage the registry entries you will have a number of extra problems. You can attempt to get rid of adware with the help of any type of cost-free application, however, you need to know that not all of the cost-free adware eliminating programs are effective. An additional option is usually to bring your PC to the repair shop. It’s one of the most reliable ways to uninstall adware as well as viruses, but it is rather high priced. Nowadays many users opt for having fee based antispyware applications. In case you choose this variant, you pay once and obtain a dependable security.
Common Symptoms of My Search Dock
It is really frustratingto have adware, as it will bother you whenever you will open the web browser. Here are the principle signs of My Search Dock:
- It adds toolbars that considerably make worse the internet performance.
- My Search Dock sets its home page and therefore redirects you to not related websites or to its own website.
- Adware infects the personal computer with malicious computer files and registry keys.
- It changes search provider and it will show irrelevant search results.
- My Search Dock attracts different risks, such as trojans and harm windows registry entries.
- It can grab computer user’s personal data and then send it to cyber scammers.
My Search Dock Statistics
|Identity theft Statistics||93,5%|
|OS crash probability||9,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||45,2%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||23%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||51,6%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||99%|
|Infected computers in the USA||2,5%|
|Infected computers in Europe||0,7%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||33,4%|
Adware is one of the most swiftly spreading viruses, simply because it’s integrated in the most trendy software programs. It is usually easy to remove adware from the browser, because all it’s elements are in 1 folder, thus in order to remove adware it’s needed to delete this folder.
If manual My Search Dock elimination failed to provide the preferred outcomes or if the adware shows up once more, then you need to use Spyhunter. That reliable as well as helpful program will certainly guard your pc from a broad variety of malware including My Search Dock and also other adware. My Search Dock can keep your pc safe even if other antivirus applications were ineffective.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov