How to remove ReadingFanatic (removal guide)
ReadingFanatic is a program that can be useful for online shopping, in case if you need to buy anything. It can provide you with numerous pop-ups with different sales and discounts. Do not absolutely follow to the ads that you can see in the advertisements, because it can be misleading. Not always, though it is quite common situation. It may be risky to open the sites of the advertisements that you see because these sites can be viral. If you do not want to compromise the security of your computer, then you are welcome to read the article and apply the technique to remove ReadingFanatic.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use ReadingFanatic removal tool
How to Remove ReadingFanatic faster
You are able to eliminate ReadingFanatic on your own, if you are a skilled user. Yet, it is is essential to do not forget that when you remove adware by yourself, you take all the responsibility for the probable outcomes. This basically means that the protection of the laptop or computer is in your own hands.
In case you are sure you’ve got more than enough skills to do that, begin with elimination of ads programs with manual methods. If you aren’t sure that you can deal with this particular task, it is suggested to use a trusted adware removal application that help to get rid of malicious registry entries quickly and efficiently. Spyhunter is one of such removal programs.
- It removes ReadingFanatic right now.
- It will protect your system against similar pop-ups in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other viruses.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain ReadingFanatic in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “ReadingFanatic” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is ReadingFanatic
At first glance it seems that ReadingFanatic, like other adware, is a useful application because it shows beneficial coupon codes as well as various deals. However, it is not really so, simply because adware installs into your browser without your approval and it demonstrates advertisements no matter whether you need all of them or not. In addition, any time you left-click on such popping-up windows you can be sent straight to viral website.
Adware is generally appeared on the pc along with other programs downloaded from the internet. Lots of no cost programs are bundled with adware, therefore you may get ReadingFanatic anytime you download free software applications. To prevent the invasion of unwanted application into your pc, installing no cost media files, take note of the installation process. It is better to select the custom or advanced installation that will help you to notice and eliminate unwanted software.
Ways to protect your Computer From ReadingFanatic
In case you do not like to get the noted above difficulties, you need to know how to protect the computer from the attack of ReadingFanatic.
- Since this adware can be downloaded with diverse cost-free applications, so do not download free software from the websites that seem doubtful.
- Don’t browse unknown websites.
- Set custom installation of computer software and deselect everything that seems to be suspicious.
- Set up a dependable antivirus application.
- Scan the laptop or computer for viruses once a week.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
If your pc is infected with ReadingFanatic as well as other adware or malicious software, you’ve got several methods to fix this particular trouble. At the beginning you can eliminate adware manually. This way of removal can be quite efficient, but it is suitable only for seasoned users, since in case you will ruin the registry entries you will face numerous extra difficulties. It is possible to try to eliminate adware with any type of free application, still, you need to realize that not all of the cost-free adware removal programs tend to be efficient. One more option is to take your computer to the repair centre. It is one of the most efficient methods to get rid of adware and malware, yet it’s very high priced. Nowadays lots of users prefer having paid antimalware applications. In the event you choose this solution, you have to pay one time and obtain a dependable defence.
Typical Symptoms of ReadingFanatic
It is rather annoyingto get adware, mainly because it’ll bother you whenever you will open the browser. Here are the principle signs of ReadingFanatic:
- It installs toolbars that significantly make worse the internet performance.
- ReadingFanatic sets its start page and redirects you to not related webpages or perhaps to its own website.
- Adware infects the pc with harmful computer files and registry entries.
- It modifies default search engine and it will display irrelevant search results.
- ReadingFanatic invites various threats, such as trojans and ruins windows registry keys.
- It is able use user’s private data and then share it to cyber criminals.
|Identity theft Statistics||92,9%|
|OS crash probability||12%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||12,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||12,3%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||6,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||98,2%|
|Infected computers in the USA||4,2%|
|Infected computers in Europe||1,8%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||15,2%|
Adware is one of the most swiftly spreading viruses, simply because it is integrated in essentially the most popular software programs. It is actually easy to uninstall adware from the browser, simply because all of it’s elements are in a single folder, thus to remove adware it is needed to delete this folder.
In case if manual ReadingFanatic elimination didn’t give the preferred outcomes or if the adware shows up again, then you should try Spyhunter. This kind of dependable as well as useful application will shield your pc against a large variety of threats including ReadingFanatic along with other adware. ReadingFanatic is able to keep your computer protected even if other antimalware programs were inefficient.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov