How to remove SecureSerch.com (removal guide)
SecureSerch.com is software that helps people to look for numerous special offers online, but though a user should be cautious not to damage your system visiting the websites of the suspicious and fraudulent deals and sales. Sometimes it is very hard to realize what special offers are true and what are not. You can take a chance if you want. Ordinarily such advertising programs can be installed with some other extra software, for example other browser extensions that can be also viral. If you are eager to remove SecureSerch.com and all its elements, including the pop-ups that it displays, then you should examine the techniques of removal in the guidance.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use SecureSerch.com removal tool
How to Remove SecureSerch.com faster
You can eliminate SecureSerch.com by yourself, if you are a trained user. However, it is is important to remember that when you eliminate adware on your own, you take all the responsibility for the probable outcomes. This basically means that the security of the computer is in your hands.
If you are sure you have enough skills to perform it, begin with removal of advertisements programs with manual ways of removal. If you aren’t sure that you’ll be able to deal with this task, it is suggested to download a reliable adware removal software that help to get rid of viral files quickly. Spyhunter is a good example of these removal tools.
- It removes SecureSerch.com right now.
- It will protect your computer against similar add-ons in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other malware.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SecureSerch.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SecureSerch.com” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is SecureSerch.com
At first glance it may seem that SecureSerch.com, like other types of adware, is a useful program since it shows advantageous discount codes as well as different bargains. Yet, it’s not so, because adware penetrates into the internet browser without your permission and then it displays advertisements no matter whether you need them all or not. In addition, when you left-click on these pop-ups you actually can visit unsafe website.
Adware is appeared on your computer together with other software downloaded from the web. A lot of cost-free utilities are bounded with adware, so you’ll be able to get SecureSerch.com whenever you download free applications. To avoid the attack of unwanted software into your laptop or computer, installing free media files, pay attention to the installation process. It is recommended to choose the advanced or custom installation that will help you to detect and also eliminate unwanted programs.
The way to protect your PC From SecureSerch.com
In case you do not like to have the mentioned above issues, you need to know ways to protect your computer from the invasion of SecureSerch.com.
- As the adware could be installed together with diverse free programs, so do not download freeware from the websites that seem to be doubtful.
- Don’t surf unknown websites.
- Choose custom installation of computer software and deselect every tick in the checkbox that seems doubtful.
- Use a trusted antivirus program.
- Scan the pc for viruses regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
If your computer is infected with SecureSerch.com as well as other adware or malicious software, you have a couple of solutions to fix this kind of problem. At the beginning you are be able to eliminate adware manually. This method can be quite helpful, however it is suitable only for experienced users, because in the event you will ruin the registry entries you can have a number of extra complications. You’ll be able to attempt to remove adware by using any kind of no cost software, however, you need to know that not all of the free adware removal programs are reliable. An additional option can be to take your laptop or computer to the repair shop. It is probably one of the most effective methods to eliminate adware and also computer threats, yet it is rather expensive. Nowadays many users choose using paid antispyware programs. In case you choose this solution, you have to pay once and obtain a trusted protection.
Typical Symptoms of SecureSerch.com
It is rather irritatingto get adware, mainly because it will annoy you any time you will open the browser. Here are the principle symptoms of SecureSerch.com:
- It installs toolbars that noticeably make slower the internet performance.
- SecureSerch.com sets its start page and then redirects you to irrelevant webpages or even to its own website.
- Adware infects your personal computer with destructive computer files and registry entries.
- It modifies default search engine and it will show irrelevant search results.
- SecureSerch.com attracts different threats, such as trojans and harm computer registry keys.
- It can grab user’s private information and then share it to cyber scammers.
|Identity theft Statistics||93,5%|
|OS crash probability||9,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||91,2%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||22,3%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||22,9%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||99,8%|
|Infected computers in the USA||3,8%|
|Infected computers in Europe||2,6%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||46,2%|
Adware is one of the most quickly distributing viruses, simply because it is integrated in the most common programs. It is difficult to uninstall adware from your laptop or computer manually, mainly because it adds lots of windows registry entries.
If manual SecureSerch.com removal didn’t provide the preferred results or if the adware appears once more, then you should try Spyhunter. This kind of dependable and effective software will guard your own pc from a wide variety of threats such as SecureSerch.com and other adware. SecureSerch.com can keep your laptop or computer protected even when other antimalware applications were useless.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov