How to remove SecuriDex (removal guide)
SecuriDex is a program that helps users to find different sales and discounts online, but though a user should be cautious not to infect the system visiting the sites of the dubious and unrealistic deals and sales. Sometimes it is not easy to realize what deals are real and what are not. You can take a chance if you want. Ordinarily such adware can be installed with some other extra programs, for example other applications that can be also unwanted. If you are eager to remove SecuriDex and all its components, including the special deals that it shows, then you are welcome to study the methods of removal in this guide.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use SecuriDex removal tool
How to Remove SecuriDex faster
You are able to remove SecuriDex on your own, if you are an experienced user. Yet, it is is necessary to remember that when you uninstall adware by yourself, you are responsible for the potential results. In other words that the protection of the pc is in your own hands.
In case you are sure you have enough abilities to perform it, begin with removal of ads programs with manual methods. If you are not sure that you’ll be able to cope with this instruction, it is recommended to install an effective adware removal software that lets to delete malicious files quickly. Spyhunter is one of these removal tools.
- It removes SecuriDex absolutely.
- It will protect your PC against similar add-ons in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other malware.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SecuriDex in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SecuriDex” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is SecuriDex
At first sight you can think that SecuriDex, like other types of adware, is a helpful software as it shows beneficial discount codes and different promotions. However, it is not really so, simply because adware installs into the web browser without your approval and also it generates advertisements no matter whether you need them all or not. Additionally, any time you left-click on such ads you actually can be sent straight to unsafe website.
Adware is appeared on your laptop or computer along with other applications downloaded from the web. Many cost-free applications are bounded with adware, therefore you can get SecuriDex whenever you install free applications. To avert the invasion of viral application into your laptop or computer, downloading free computer files, focus on the installation process. It is better to select the advanced or custom installation that will allow you to find and also disable harmful software.
The way to protect your Laptop or computer Against SecuriDex
In case you don’t want to get the mentioned above problems, you need to know how to protect your pc against the invasion of SecuriDex.
- As the adware can be installed with different cost-free programs, so don’t download freeware from the websites that seem to be suspicious.
- Do not surf unknown websites.
- Choose custom installation of software and delete everything that seems questionable.
- Set up a reliable anti-virus program.
- Scan the pc for malware regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
If your pc is infected with SecuriDex or any other adware or a computer virus, you’ve got a couple of removal ways to fix this trouble. The first thing you are be able to get rid of adware manually. This method is very helpful, however it is appropriate only for experienced users, since if you will ruin the registry you will have a number of extra difficulties. You can try to eliminate adware with the help of any cost-free software, yet, you need to know that not all no cost adware removal tools are helpful. One more option can be to bring your personal computer to the repair shop. It is probably one of the most effective methods to eliminate adware and viruses, however it’s very high priced. Nowadays a lot of users choose having fee based antimalware programs. If you choose this solution, you have to pay once and get a trusted protection.
Common Symptoms of SecuriDex
It is really annoyingto have adware, mainly because it will bother you each time you will open the internet browser. Here are the main symptoms of SecuriDex:
- It adds toolbars that considerably make slower the internet performance.
- SecuriDex sets its start page and redirects you to unrelated websites or even to its own website.
- Adware infects the personal computer with destructive data and registry keys.
- It modifies default search engine and it will show irrelevant search results.
- SecuriDex attracts various threats, such as trojan viruses and ruins computer registry entries.
- It is able grab user’s private data and then share this information to cyber scammers.
|Identity theft Statistics||64,8%|
|OS crash probability||7,3%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||52,3%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||12,3%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||63,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||96,8%|
|Infected computers in the USA||0,9%|
|Infected computers in Europe||6,5%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||28,6%|
Adware is one of the most quickly spreading computer viruses, as it’s integrated in the most popular software programs. It is impossible to remove adware from the laptop or computer manually, due to the fact it adds lots of windows registry entries.
In case if manual SecuriDex removal didn’t provide the desired results or if the adware shows up once more, you need to try Spyhunter. This specific dependable as well as useful application can guard your computer from a vast range of risks such as SecuriDex along with other adware. SecuriDex is able to keep your laptop or computer protected even when other sorts of antimalware programs were ineffective.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov