How to remove Wiki-search.me adware
Wiki-search.me is software that can help users to find different low prices online, but though a user should be cautious not to harm the system visiting the websites of the dubious and unreal deals and sales. Sometimes it is not easy to realize what sales are real and what are not. You can find it out if you want. Usually such adware can be installed with some other extra software, for example other browser extensions that can be also viral. If you are eager to remove Wiki-search.me and all its components, including the special deals that it shows, then you are welcome to read the ways of removal in the guide.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use Wiki-search.me removal tool
How to Remove Wiki-search.me faster
You are able to eliminate Wiki-search.me on your own, if you’re a skilled computer user. However, it is is important to bear in mind that when you remove adware by yourself, you take all the responsibility for the potential results. To put it differently that the protection of your pc is in your own hands.
In case you are certain that you’ve got more than enough skills to do this, start with removal of advertisements applications with manual ways of removal. If you are not certain that you can deal with this instruction, it is recommended to install a trusted adware removal tool that lets to delete harmful registry entries efficiently. Spyhunter is a good example of such removal tools.
- It removes Wiki-search.me right now.
- It will protect your system against similar ads in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other computer threats.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Wiki-search.me in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Wiki-search.me” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is Wiki-search.me
At first sight it may seem that Wiki-search.me, as well as other sorts of adware, is a beneficial program because it shows advantageous discount coupons as well as different specials. But, it’s not really so, for the reason that adware penetrates into your internet browser without your approval and then it displays pop-ups no matter whether you want them or not. In addition, any time you left-click on these pop-ups you actually risk to be redirected to dangerous website.
Adware is installed on your laptop or computer along with other programs downloaded from the web. Lots of free applications are bundled with adware, thus it is possible to get Wiki-search.me anytime you download free software. In order to avoid the intrusion of undesired application into your personal computer, downloading no cost media files, take note of the installation process. It is better to select the advanced or custom installation that is going to allow you to find and also eliminate undesirable software.
Ways to protect your Computer Against Wiki-search.me
If you don’t want to get the mentioned above issues, you need to know how to protect the laptop or computer from the attack of Wiki-search.me.
- Since this adware could be downloaded with various free applications, so do not download freeware from the websites that seem suspicious.
- Do not surf malicious websites.
- Choose custom installation of computer software and deselect every tick in the checkbox that seems suspicious.
- Install a reliable anti-virus application.
- Scan your computer for malware regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
In case your personal computer is infected with Wiki-search.me or other adware or a virus, you’ve got several methods to fix this kind of issue. The first thing you can eliminate adware manually. This method is extremely powerful, but it is appropriate only for experienced users, since if you will ruin the registry you will deal with many extra problems. It is possible to aim to eliminate adware by using any sort of free program, but, you have to realize that not all no cost adware removal applications tend to be reliable. One more option is to take your PC to the repair shop. This is one of the most efficient methods to eliminate adware as well as viruses, still it’s rather costly. Today a lot of users prefer having paid antispyware programs. In the event you select this method, you pay one time and acquire a reliable security.
Typical Signs and symptoms of Wiki-search.me
It is really irritatingto get adware, simply because it will bother you any time you will open your browser. Here are the principle symptoms of Wiki-search.me:
- It adds toolbars that significantly make worse the internet performance.
- Wiki-search.me sets its start page and then redirects you to unrelated webpages or perhaps to its own website.
- Adware infects the pc with malicious files and registry entries.
- It modifies search provider and it will show not related search results.
- Wiki-search.me invites different threats, like trojans and ruins windows registry keys.
- It is able use user’s private information and then send this information to cyber scammers.
|Identity theft Statistics||96%|
|OS crash probability||8,3%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||12,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||52,1%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||22,9%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||92,9%|
|Infected computers in the USA||0,9%|
|Infected computers in Europe||1,8%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||21,3%|
Adware is one of the most swiftly distributing computer viruses, because it’s integrated in the most trendy software programs. It is easy to eliminate adware from the browser, simply because all of it’s elements are in 1 folder, so in order to eliminate adware it is necessary to remove this folder.
In case if manual Wiki-search.me elimination failed to provide the preferred results or if the adware shows up once more, you should use Spyhunter. This specific dependable as well as helpful application can guard your computer against a broad range of threats such as Wiki-search.me and other adware. Wiki-search.me can keep your laptop or computer safe even if other antimalware programs were inefficient.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov