Instructions to remove Ahoy Traveler adware
Ahoy Traveler is a program that helps people to look for numerous low prices online, but nevertheless a user should be ware not to damage your computer visiting the websites of the suspicious and unreal special offers. Sometimes it is very hard to realize what deals are real and what are not. You can take a chance if you want. Commonly such ad-supported programs appear with some other additional programs, for example other browser extensions that can be also unwanted. If you want to remove Ahoy Traveler and all its elements, including the ads that it shows, then you should read the methods of removal in the article.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use Ahoy Traveler removal tool
How to Remove Ahoy Traveler faster
You can delete Ahoy Traveler by yourself, if you are a trained computer user. Yet, it’s is important to remember that when you eliminate adware on your own, you take all the responsibility for the probable final results. In other words that the protection of the laptop or computer is in your own hands.
If you are certain that you have enough abilities to accomplish that, start with elimination of advertisements applications with manual methods. If you aren’t sure that you’ll be able to cope with this specific method, it is recommended to install a trusted adware removal tool that help to get rid of harmful folders quickly and efficiently. Spyhunter is one of these removal applications.
- It removes Ahoy Traveler 100%.
- It will protect your system against similar pop-ups in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other computer threats.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Ahoy Traveler in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Ahoy Traveler” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is Ahoy Traveler
At first glance it may seem that Ahoy Traveler, like other types of adware, is a beneficial application because it displays advantageous coupon codes and also diverse promotions. Still, it’s not really so, for the reason that adware penetrates into the web browser without your permission and also it shows ads no matter whether you need all of them or not. Additionally, any time you click on such pop-ups you risk to visit malicious website.
Adware is appeared on the pc together with other software downloaded from the world wide web. Many free programs are bundled with adware, so you’ll be able to get Ahoy Traveler whenever you install free software. To prevent the attack of harmful software to your laptop or computer, downloading free media files, pay attention to the installation process. It is recommended to select the advanced or custom installation that is going to help you to detect and disable undesirable software.
Ways to protect your Computer From Ahoy Traveler
If you do not like to have the noted earlier problems, you should know the way to protect the computer from the attack of Ahoy Traveler.
- Because this adware could be installed together with various no cost programs, so don’t download free software from the websites that seem to be suspect.
- Don’t surf strange websites.
- Choose custom installation of software and deselect everything that seems to be questionable.
- Install a trustworthy antivirus program.
- Scan your pc for malware once a week.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
If your personal computer is infected with Ahoy Traveler as well as other adware or malicious software, you have a couple of solutions to fix this specific problem. At the beginning you can eliminate adware with manual instructions. This way of removal is rather helpful, but it is appropriate mainly for seasoned users, since in the event you will ruin the registry you will have numerous additional difficulties. You can attempt to remove adware by using any type of free program, but, you need to realize that not all cost-free adware removal programs happen to be effective. An additional solution is to take your laptop or computer to the repair centre. It’s one of the most reliable methods to uninstall adware and computer threats, still it’s rather costly. Today plenty of users opt for having fee based antispyware applications. In the event you choose this method, you have to pay one time and acquire a reliable security.
Typical Symptoms of Ahoy Traveler
It is rather irritatingto get adware, as it’s going to bother you whenever you will open the internet browser. Here are the principle symptoms of Ahoy Traveler:
- It installs toolbars that significantly make slower the internet performance.
- Ahoy Traveler sets its home page and redirects you to irrelevant websites or perhaps to its own website.
- Adware infects your computer with malicious files and registry keys.
- It changes search engine and it will display not related search results.
- Ahoy Traveler attracts diverse threats, such as trojans and harm computer registry keys.
- It is able use computer user’s private data and then pass it to cyber scammers.
Ahoy Traveler Statistics
|Identity theft Statistics||96%|
|OS crash probability||9,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||52,3%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||11,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||6,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||96,8%|
|Infected computers in the USA||15,3%|
|Infected computers in Europe||4,5%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||26,2%|
Adware program is one of the most swiftly distributing computer viruses, due to the fact that it’s integrated in the most trendy software programs. It is very easy to uninstall adware from your browser, as all of it’s components are in 1 folder, so to remove adware it’s needed to delete this folder.
In case if manual Ahoy Traveler removal did not give the preferred results or if the adware shows up once more, you should try Spyhunter. That reputable as well as effective application will certainly shield your own personal computer from a vast range of malware including Ahoy Traveler and also other adware. Ahoy Traveler will keep your pc protected even if other antimalware programs were useless.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov