Instructions to remove PCKeeper easily
PCKeeper is a kind of the browser extension that may be installed in all internet browsers, for instance Firefox, Chrome as well as IE. This kind of add-on was created to display advertisements and also pop-up windows on the websites visited by users. Typically, pop-ups demonstrated by PCKeeper are structured in boxes that contain ad banners with offered deals. Because of multiple showed special coupons, PCKeeper is called Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). To paraphrase, it is adware that must be deleted from the internet browser. If you want to remove PCKeeper now, then you are welcome to read this article till the end.
How to Remove PCKeeper faster
It is possible to eliminate PCKeeper by yourself, if you are an experienced computer user. However, it is is important to take into account that when you uninstall adware by yourself, you are responsible for the potential outcomes. This basically means that the security of the pc is in your own hands.
If you are sure you have more than enough abilities to perform it, start with removal of ads applications with manual methods. If you aren’t certain that you’ll be able to deal with this specific task, it is recommended to install an effective adware removal software that allows to get rid of destructive folders quickly and efficiently. Spyhunter is a good example of such removal programs.
- It removes PCKeeper right now.
- It will protect your PC against similar add-ons in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other malware.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain PCKeeper in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “PCKeeper” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google.com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google.com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google.com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google.com and Bing.com from the list.
At first glance it may seem that PCKeeper, like other adware, is a useful program as it displays beneficial coupons and also different promotions. But, it’s not really so, since adware installs into your web browser without your permission and then it generates ads no matter whether you need them all or not. Additionally, when you left-click on these pop-ups you risk to be sent straight to malicious website.
Adware is usually installed on your pc along with other software downloaded from the internet. Many no cost programs are bundled with adware, therefore you can get PCKeeper whenever you install free applications. In order to prevent the invasion of harmful application into your pc, downloading cost-free media files, focus on the installation process. It is better to choose the advanced or custom installation that will allow you to find and also disable malicious programs.
|Identity theft Statistics||96%|
|OS crash probability||1,3%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||35,2%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||31,8%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||35,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||96,5%|
|Infected computers in the USA||0,9%|
|Infected computers in Europe||5,9%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||21,3%|
Adware program is one of the most speedily distributing viruses, as it’s integrated in the most trendy software programs. It is actually easy to uninstall adware from the browser, as all it’s elements are in a single folder, thus to remove adware it’s needed to delete this folder.
Common Symptoms of PCKeeper
It is pretty irritatingto get adware, simply because it’ll bother you any time you will open the browser. Here are the main signs of PCKeeper:
- It adds toolbars that considerably make slower the internet performance.
- PCKeeper sets its start page and redirects you to not related webpages or perhaps to its own website.
- Adware infects your laptop or computer with harmful files and registry keys.
- It modifies search engine and it will display not related search results.
- PCKeeper attracts different risks, like trojan viruses and harm windows registry keys.
- It can grab user’s personal data and pass this information to cyber scammers.
Ways to protect your Personal Computer From PCKeeper
If you do not like to get the noted earlier problems, you need to know how to protect your personal computer against the attack of PCKeeper.
- Because this adware can be downloaded together with diverse no cost programs, so do not install freeware from the websites that seem to be suspicious.
- Don’t browse malicious websites.
- Choose custom installation of computer software and delete everything that seems doubtful.
- Set up a reliable antivirus program.
- Scan the computer for viruses regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
In case your computer is infected with PCKeeper or other adware or a virus, you’ve got several removal ways to solve this kind of problem. At the beginning you are be able to eliminate adware with manual instructions. This way of removal is very helpful, however it is suitable mainly for skilled users, since in the event you will damage the registry you can deal with numerous extra problems. You can try to remove adware with the help of any free application, but, you need to realize that not all of the no cost adware removal programs tend to be reliable. One more option is usually to take your laptop or computer to the repair centre. It is one of the most effective ways to uninstall adware as well as computer threats, yet it’s very pricey. Nowadays many users prefer having fee based antivirus applications. If you choose this method, you pay once and acquire a reliable security.
In case if manual PCKeeper elimination did not give the required results or if the adware appears once more, then you need to try Spyhunter. This specific reliable and efficient program can shield your own personal computer from a vast variety of threats including PCKeeper and also other adware. PCKeeper will keep your computer safe even if other antivirus applications were ineffective.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov