Instructions to remove SurveyMeta adware
SurveyMeta is browser extension that assists users to find different low prices online, but though people should be ware in order not to harm your PC visiting the websites of the suspicious and unrealistic special offers. Sometimes it is not easy to realize what sales are present and what are not. You can risk if you want. Usually such adware can be installed with some other additional browser add-ons, for example other adware that can be also harmful. If you are eager to remove SurveyMeta and all its elements, including the ads that it demonstrates, then you are welcome to read the methods of removal in this guide.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use SurveyMeta removal tool
How to Remove SurveyMeta easily
It is possible to remove SurveyMeta on your own, if you’re a trained user. Yet, it’s is important to do not forget that when you uninstall adware by yourself, you are responsible for the potential outcomes. This basically means that the protection of your computer is in your hands.
In case you are certain that you’ve got enough skills to do this, begin with removal of advertisements applications with manual methods. If you are not sure that you’ll be able to cope with this particular method, it is suggested to install a trusted adware removal tool that help to delete destructive registry entries quickly and efficiently. Spyhunter is one of such removal applications.
- It removes SurveyMeta 100%.
- It will protect your system against similar add-ons in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other computer threats.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain SurveyMeta in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “SurveyMeta” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is SurveyMeta
At first glance it seems that SurveyMeta, as well as other types of adware, is a useful software mainly because it displays beneficial discount coupons and various specials. Still, it’s not really so, simply because adware penetrates into the browser without your approval and it displays advertisements no matter whether you want them or not. Furthermore, when you left-click on these popping-up windows you actually risk to be redirected to unsafe website.
Adware is installed on your personal computer together with other applications downloaded from the internet. Many free applications are bundled with adware, thus it is possible to get SurveyMeta when you install free applications. In order to avoid the invasion of viral application into your personal computer, installing no cost computer files, take note of the installation process. It is better to select the advanced or custom installation that is going to allow you to notice and disable unwanted software.
How to protect your Personal Computer Against SurveyMeta
If you don’t like to get the noted earlier problems, you need to know the way to protect your pc from the intrusion of SurveyMeta.
- As this adware could be downloaded together with different cost-free applications, so don’t download freeware from the websites that seem to be doubtful.
- Don’t browse malicious websites.
- Choose custom installation of software and delete every tick in the checkbox that seems to be suspicious.
- Set up a dependable antivirus program.
- Scan your computer for computer threats regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
If your personal computer is infected with SurveyMeta or other adware or malicious software, you’ve got a couple of solutions to solve this particular trouble. The first thing you can eliminate adware with manual instructions. This way of removal is extremely helpful, but it would work only for skilled users, because in case you will ruin the registry entries you will face many additional problems. It is possible to try to eliminate adware with any sort of cost-free application, still, you have to understand that not all of the cost-free adware eliminating applications are efficient. One more solution is to bring your laptop or computer to the repair shop. It is one of the most effective ways to eliminate adware and also malware, yet it’s very high priced. Today lots of users prefer having fee based antivirus programs. In case you select this variant, you have to pay one time and get a trusted security.
Common Symptoms of SurveyMeta
It is rather annoyingto have adware, as it will bother you any time you will open your browser. Here are the principle signs of SurveyMeta:
- It installs toolbars that considerably make slower the internet performance.
- SurveyMeta sets its start page and redirects you to irrelevant webpages or to its own website.
- Adware infects your laptop or computer with malicious data and registry entries.
- It changes search provider and it will display irrelevant search results.
- SurveyMeta attracts different threats, such as trojan viruses and harm windows registry entries.
- It can grab computer user’s personal data and then share this information to cyber scammers.
|Identity theft Statistics||97,6%|
|OS crash probability||1,3%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||12,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||95,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||6,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||97,1%|
|Infected computers in the USA||3,8%|
|Infected computers in Europe||6,5%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||26,1%|
Adware program is one of the most speedily distributing computer viruses, as it is integrated in essentially the most trendy applications. It is not possible to eliminate adware from your pc manually, since it creates many windows registry entries.
If manual SurveyMeta removal didn’t give the preferred results or in the event the adware shows up again, you need to try Spyhunter. That trusted and also effective application will protect your personal computer from a wide range of malware including SurveyMeta along with other adware. SurveyMeta can keep your computer safe even when other sorts of antivirus applications were inefficient.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov