Ways to remove DietRunner
DietRunner is a program that can assist people to look for numerous special offers online, but nevertheless people should be ware in order not to damage the computer visiting the sites of the dubious and fraudulent special offers. Sometimes it is very hard to distinguish what deals are real and what are not. You can risk if you want. Usually such adware install with some other additional browser add-ons, for example other applications that can be also harmful. If you are eager to remove DietRunner and all its manifestations, including the special deals that it displays, then you can study the methods of removal in this article.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use DietRunner removal tool
How to Remove DietRunner easily
You can eliminate DietRunner by yourself, if you’re an experienced user. But, it’s is necessary to take into account that when you eliminate adware on your own, you are responsible for the possible outcomes. In other words that the security of your computer is in your hands.
In case you are certain that you’ve got more than enough abilities to do that, begin with elimination of advertisements programs with manual methods. If you are not sure that you’ll be able to cope with this specific method, it is recommended to download a trusted adware removal software that lets to get rid of harmful files quickly and efficiently. Spyhunter is a good example of these removal programs.
- It removes DietRunner 100%.
- It will protect your PC against similar add-ons in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other computer threats.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain DietRunner in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “DietRunner” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is DietRunner
At first glance it seems that DietRunner, like other types of adware, is a helpful software as it shows beneficial discount coupons as well as different promotions. But, it’s not so, for the reason that adware penetrates into your internet browser without your permission and it shows ads no matter whether you need all of them or not. Besides, when you click on such pop-ups you risk to be redirected to harmful website.
Adware is usually appeared on your computer along with other applications downloaded from the world wide web. Lots of no cost applications are bounded with adware, so you’ll be able to get DietRunner whenever you download free software. In order to avoid the invasion of viral software into your computer, downloading free computer files, focus on the installation process. It is better to choose the custom or advanced installation that will allow you to notice and eliminate harmful software.
How to protect your PC From DietRunner
In case you do not want to get the mentioned above issues, you need to know ways to protect the personal computer from the invasion of DietRunner.
- Since the adware can be installed together with diverse cost-free software, so do not install free applicaion from the websites that seem to be suspicious.
- Do not browse malicious websites.
- Set custom installation of computer software and delete everything that seems doubtful.
- Use a reliable antivirus software.
- Scan the pc for malware regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
In case your personal computer is infected with DietRunner or other adware or a virus, you’ve got several solutions to solve that problem. The first thing you are be able to eliminate adware manually. This way of removal is incredibly powerful, however it would work mainly for experienced users, because in case you will ruin the registry entries you will have many additional complications. You can try to remove adware by using any sort of cost-free software, still, you need to realize that not all of the free adware removal programs tend to be efficient. An additional solution can be to take your PC to the repair shop. It is one of the most helpful methods to uninstall adware and also malware, still it is very expensive. Nowadays a lot of users prefer using fee based antivirus programs. In case you choose this variant, you pay one time and acquire a reliable protection.
Typical Symptoms of DietRunner
It is really irritatingto get adware, simply because it will annoy you each time you will open your browser. Here are the main symptoms of DietRunner:
- It adds toolbars that significantly slow down the internet performance.
- DietRunner sets its home page and thus redirects you to not related webpages or perhaps to its own website.
- Adware infects the laptop or computer with destructive data and registry entries.
- It modifies search engine and it will show not related search results.
- DietRunner attracts different threats, such as trojan viruses and ruins windows registry keys.
- It can gather computer user’s personal data and send it to cyber scammers.
|Identity theft Statistics||69,8%|
|OS crash probability||9,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||23,2%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||52,1%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||11,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||99,5%|
|Infected computers in the USA||15,3%|
|Infected computers in Europe||6,5%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||33,4%|
Adware program is one of the most swiftly distributing viruses, simply because it is integrated in essentially the most common programs. It might be very easy to uninstall adware from the browser, for the reason that all of it’s elements are in one folder, so in order to eliminate adware it’s necessary to delete this folder.
If manual DietRunner removal didn’t provide the required results or in case the adware shows up again, then you need to try Spyhunter. This trustworthy and useful software can shield your computer against a large variety of malware such as DietRunner and other adware. DietRunner can keep your pc safe even when other antimalware programs were inefficient.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov