Ways to remove Popular123.com adware
Popular123.com is browser extension that can assist people to find various low prices online, but still a user should be cautious not to infect your PC visiting the sites of the doubtful and unreal deals and sales. Sometimes it is not easy to understand what special offers are true and what are not. You can find it out if you want. Ordinarily such adware appear with some other additional software, for example other adware that can be also viral. If you are eager to remove Popular123.com and all its elements, including the ads that it shows, then you should examine the techniques of removal in this guide.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use Popular123.com removal tool
How to Remove Popular123.com faster
You can eliminate Popular123.com by yourself, if you are a skilled computer user. Yet, it is is important to do not forget that when you eliminate adware on your own, you take all the responsibility for the possible final results. This basically means that the protection of the laptop or computer is in your own hands.
If you are sure you have more than enough abilities to do this, start with elimination of advertisements programs with manual methods. If you are not sure that you’ll be able to perform this particular task, it is suggested to download a reliable adware removal software that allows to delete viral folders quickly. Spyhunter is one of these removal applications.
- It removes Popular123.com right now.
- It will protect your computer against similar pop-ups in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other viruses.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Popular123.com in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Popular123.com” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is Popular123.com
At first sight it seems that Popular123.com, like other sorts of adware, is a useful application since it displays beneficial coupon codes and also various specials. Still, it is not so, for the reason that adware penetrates into your internet browser without your consent and it displays ads no matter whether you need them or not. Besides, any time you left-click on these pop-ups you actually risk to be sent straight to malicious website.
Adware is generally appeared on your personal computer together with other software downloaded from the web. A lot of cost-free utilities are bounded with adware, so you’ll be able to get Popular123.com whenever you install free software applications. In order to prevent the attack of viral software to your laptop or computer, installing free computer files, take note of the installation process. It is recommended to select the advanced or custom installation that is going to help you to find and also eliminate undesirable applications.
Ways to protect your PC Against Popular123.com
In case you do not like to have the noted above issues, you should know the way to protect your pc from the intrusion of Popular123.com.
- As this adware can be installed with various no cost applications, so do not download free applicaion from the websites that seem suspicious.
- Don’t browse strange websites.
- Set custom installation of pc software and delete every tick in the checkbox that seems doubtful.
- Use a reliable anti-virus application.
- Scan your pc for malware regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
If your personal computer is infected with Popular123.com or other adware or a computer virus, you’ve got a couple of methods to solve that issue. The first thing you can eliminate adware with manual instructions. This way of removal is rather efficient, however it is suitable only for seasoned users, since in case you will ruin the registry you will face many extra troubles. You’ll be able to aim to remove adware with any sort of free application, however, you should realize that not all cost-free adware removal tools happen to be reliable. One more solution is to bring your PC to the repair shop. It’s probably one of the most reliable ways to uninstall adware and also computer threats, but it is rather pricey. Today a lot of users opt for using fee based antispyware applications. If you choose this method, you have to pay one time and get a reliable protection.
Typical Signs and symptoms of Popular123.com
It is rather annoyingto get adware, simply because it’s going to annoy you whenever you will open your browser. Here are the main signs of Popular123.com:
- It adds toolbars that considerably make slower the internet performance.
- Popular123.com sets its start page and then redirects you to not related webpages or to its own website.
- Adware infects the pc with malicious data and registry entries.
- It changes search provider and it will demonstrate irrelevant search results.
- Popular123.com attracts diverse risks, like trojans and harm windows registry entries.
- It can grab user’s private data and send it to cyber scammers.
|Identity theft Statistics||69,8%|
|OS crash probability||9,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||35,2%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||21,9%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||11,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||92,9%|
|Infected computers in the USA||0,9%|
|Infected computers in Europe||11,2%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||46,2%|
Adware is one of the most speedily distributing computer viruses, because it’s integrated in essentially the most trendy programs. It is actually very easy to remove adware from the browser, simply because all of it’s elements are in 1 folder, thus to get rid of adware it is needed to remove this folder.
If manual Popular123.com elimination did not give the required results or in case the adware returns once more, you need to use Spyhunter. This kind of trustworthy and useful application will certainly shield your own computer from a broad range of malware such as Popular123.com and also other adware. Popular123.com will keep your computer safe even if other antimalware applications were inefficient.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov