Ways to remove Text Keeper easily
Text Keeper is browser extension that can assist users to find numerous special offers online, but though people should be vigilant in order not to harm your PC visiting the websites of the suspicious and unrealistic ads and pop-ups. Sometimes it is very hard to distinguish what sales are present and what are not. You can find it out if you want. Commonly such advertising programs install with some other complementary browser add-ons, for example other browser extensions that can be also viral. If you are eager to remove Text Keeper and all its components, including the pop-ups that it shows, then you should read the ways of removal in this guidance.
- Uninstall automatically:
- Use Text Keeper removal tool
How to Remove Text Keeper faster
You can delete Text Keeper by yourself, if you are an experienced user. Still, it’s is important to bear in mind that when you eliminate adware by yourself, you are responsible for the possible final results. To put it differently that the security of the laptop or computer is in your hands.
If you are sure you’ve got more than enough skills to do this, start with removal of ads applications with manual techniques. If you aren’t sure that you can perform this specific task, it is recommended to download a trusted adware removal tool that help to remove harmful registry entries quickly. Spyhunter is one of these removal tools.
- It removes Text Keeper 100%.
- It will protect your computer against similar add-ons in the future.
- It provides professional real-time protection from trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and other viruses.
To remove this virus, you need:
- Find and remove all virus files and entries from the registry and browser extensions.
- Change shortcut properties of all browsers, search settings, and home page to the default.
Step 1. Remove virus files from the hard disk and all registry entries
- Enter “Computer” on the desktop and choose “Uninstall or change a program”.
- In the program folder, look for all programs that contain Text Keeper in their names. Remove them by clicking “uninstall’. And remove all suspicious programs that contain search, toolbar and others in their names.
- Download adwcleaner utility for free and run it. It’s designed for searching and removing all files and registry keys that belong to the adware virus category.
- Click “Scan”.
- When scanning is finished, click “Clean” to remove all viruses.
- Click “Ok” to reboot the computer. After rebooting, check if the virus is still in the browser. Perhaps, it’s already removed and everything is fine. If not, take Step 2.
Step 2. Remove the virus from browsers
- Right-click on the Google Chrome shortcut and choose “properties”.
- In the “Target” field, remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” and click “ok”.
- Choose “Settings” in the Chrome menu.
- In the “Extensions” tab, look for any extension that contains “Text Keeper” in its name and remove it by clicking on the Recycle Bin. And remove all suspicious extensions that you didn’t install.
- In the “Settings” tab, find the “On startup” block, tick off “Open a specific page or set of pages.”, click “Set pages”, enter google. Com in the new field, and click “ok”.
- In the “Search” tab, click “manage search engines” and remove everything except google.com.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” in the “target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter Firefox. Tools -> add-ons.
- Remove all suspicious extensions.
- Tools options -> general. Type google. Com in the “Home page” field (“Startup” block).
- Choose Google as your default search engine in the “Search” tab.
- Right-click the Firefox shortcut and choose “properties”.
- Remove everything after “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” in the “Target” field and click “ok”.
- Enter internet explorer -> tool -> manage Add-ons.
- Remove all extensions that you didn’t install. You can remove everything.
- Tools -> internet options, type google. Com in the upper field.
- Click “Settings” in the same window in the “Search” block and remove everything except Google. Com and Bing. Com from the list.
What is Text Keeper
At first glance you can think that Text Keeper, like other adware, is a helpful software since it demonstrates beneficial discount coupons and various deals. Yet, it is not so, for the reason that adware penetrates into the internet browser without your agreement and also it demonstrates pop-ups no matter whether you want them all or not. Besides, when you click on such pop-ups you risk to be sent straight to harmful website.
Adware is installed on your laptop or computer together with other programs downloaded from the world wide web. Many free programs are bundled with adware, thus you can get Text Keeper anytime you download free software applications. In order to avoid the invasion of harmful software into your personal computer, installing free media files, take note of the installation process. It is recommended to select the advanced or custom installation that is going to allow you to detect and also disable unwanted applications.
Ways to protect your Laptop or computer Against Text Keeper
If you don’t want to have the mentioned above complications, you should know the way to protect the pc from the intrusion of Text Keeper.
- As this adware can be installed together with different cost-free programs, so do not install free software from the websites that seem to be suspicious.
- Do not browse unknown websites.
- Set custom installation of pc software and deselect every tick in the checkbox that seems to be questionable.
- Set up a reliable antivirus software.
- Scan the laptop or computer for malware regularly.
|Instructions to remove||Price|
|PC repair shop||$90-$130|
In case your personal computer is infected with Text Keeper or other adware or malicious software, you have several methods to fix this kind of trouble. The first thing you are be able to get rid of adware manually. This way of removal can be quite efficient, but it would work mainly for skilled users, since if you will ruin the registry entries you will deal with a number of extra problems. It is possible to try to eliminate adware with any free application, however, you need to know that not all of the cost-free adware removal tools tend to be reliable. One more option can be to take your PC to the repair centre. It’s one of the most reliable ways to eliminate adware and malware, yet it’s very pricey. Today many users prefer having fee based antimalware applications. In case you choose this variant, you have to pay one time and acquire a trusted defence.
Common Symptoms of Text Keeper
It is rather irritatingto have adware, mainly because it’ll bother you every time you will open the web browser. Here are the principle symptoms of Text Keeper:
- It installs toolbars that noticeably slow down the internet performance.
- Text Keeper sets its home page and thus redirects you to unrelated webpages or to its own website.
- Adware infects your pc with harmful data and registry keys.
- It changes default search engine and it will demonstrate irrelevant search results.
- Text Keeper invites different risks, like trojans and ruins computer registry keys.
- It can grab user’s private data and then share this information to cyber scammers.
Text Keeper Facts
|Identity theft Statistics||97,6%|
|OS crash probability||12%|
|Chance of manual removal from OS||12,8%|
|Chance of manual removal from browsers||95,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Free Antivirus||11,2%|
|Probability to uninstall with Paid Antivirus||99%|
|Infected computers in the USA||2,5%|
|Infected computers in Europe||2,7%|
|Chance of infection in browsers||28,6%|
Adware program is one of the most quickly spreading viruses, due to the fact that it’s integrated in essentially the most popular software programs. It is easy to remove adware from the browser, as all it’s elements are in 1 folder, thus to remove adware it’s necessary to delete this folder.
If manual Text Keeper elimination did not give the preferred outcomes or in case the adware returns once more, you need to use Spyhunter. This reputable as well as effective software will shield your personal computer against a broad range of risks including Text Keeper and also other adware. Text Keeper can keep your pc safe even if other antimalware programs were inefficient.
Video of this topic
About Author: Material provided by: Saveliy Klaysov