A binding machine serves several purposes. You can use one to publish your own works, make promotional materials, compile reports for business meetings, or add an extra dash of pizzazz to a school project. If you’ve never used a binding machine before, it can be hard to know which features are essential and which are merely options.
If you are reading this, chances are that you are searching for the best binding machine on the market. A binding machine is one of the most common machines you can find in many offices, schools and businesses. With this machine, you can easily join your documents in a secure and convenient way.
Binding machines are the easiest and most effective devices that you can use to boost the quality of your paperwork. As compared to when you are using a stapler, a binding machine gives you professional looking documents.
For information on how binding machines work and which features to look for while shopping, keep reading. If you are ready to purchase a binding machine, consider one of the options we’ve spotlighted in this guide.
5 Best Binding Machines in 2021:
Fellowes 5218301 Binding Machine comes first in this list as the best binding machine on the market. It is also among the most powerful binding machines you will ever find since it is able to bind up to 500 sheets using a 2 inches comb. Again, it is able to punch up to 25 sheets at once by simply pressing a button.
It also features an enhanced accuracy edge guide which centers the document easily for accurate punching. Additionally, it comes with an inbuilt comb storage tray which has an integrated device for measuring your documents. This enhances convenience and it also allows you to set it up more quickly.
If you want to enhance the productivity of the machine, you can use the removable binding mechanism which is also among the rare features you cannot find in many binding machines. The unit also features releasable dies which makes it compatible with different sizes of documents.
- Very powerful
- Long lasting
- Able to bind large documents
- Inbuilt comb storage
- Removable binding mechanism
- Document measuring device
- Quite pricey
This is a lightweight design binding machine weighing a mere 6.4lbs. It is another excellent machine with a high 450-sheet binding capacity. The lightweight design allows for easy storage and portability. You can easily perform your binding anywhere with ease. Besides, the machines sit flat when punching maximum papers hence convenient to use. This is an ergonomic design binding machine with curved handles a unique design cutting blade.
The machine can manually punch up to 12 sheets at a time. It is a highly effective machine that punches and binds, saving time. Moreover, this machine is pretty accurate, utilizing a positioning knob to accurate place and position sheets.
- Positioning knob hence very accurate
- Portable due to a lightweight design
- Excellent punching and binding capacity
- Ergonomic design hence easy to use
- Gets stuck when punching too many pages
This is one of the best binding machines on the market thanks to its wide variety of great features. Although it’s manually operated, this machine is quite powerful and can even make square holes. It’s very well-made and can punch through 20 sheets of paper at once.
The heavy-duty long handle makes it incredibly easy to operate this machine, even when punching through 9/16 inch books. The metal construction and stylish design of this machine means that it can blend in easily with the decor of your office.
With regards to ease of use, this machine allows you to disengage the dies so you can punch papers of all types without causing side end perforation. Although sleek, the sturdy metal construction of this binding machine makes it quite heavy to carry but it’s also very durable and long lasting.
- Made from heavy duty metal for optimal durability
- Has a wide closing capacity of 3/16 inches to 9/16 inches
- Contains independently detachable dies
- Can punch through 20 sheets of paper at once
- We have nothing bad to say about this binding machine
If you are searching for the best binding machine for heavy duty or large tasks, this unit will give you the best value for your money.
Due to its quality, it is a bit expensive but it is worth the amount. It is also designed for frequent use which makes it the best for large office tasks. The machine is equipped with three releasable dies which enables it to handle documents with different sizes.
Additionally, there is a rotary edge guide which centers your documents with ease. The vertical loading provides accurate punch alignment. There is also an inbuilt storage tray which has an integrated device for measuring your documents.
You should also note that the unit has a maximum binding capacity of 25 sheets and a punch capacity of 500 sheets. It also comes with a front-access waste tray plus a binding starter pack.
- Very powerful
- Ideal for heavy-duty tasks
- Three releasable dies
- Rotary edge guide
- Punching capacity of 500 sheets
- It is quite expensive
According to coil binding machine reviews, this is the best binding machine on the market, and it comes as no surprise considering that TruBind is one of the leading manufacturers in this industry.
This high-performance model is versatile and easy to use. It’s designed for use mainly in office environments and it has the capacity to put out a high volume of work.
It can handle 20 sheets of paper per punch, and you can easily run it for hours on end without running into any issues like overheating. This is a very customizable machine that enables you to place and position holes properly and with little effort.
This machine is compatible with all types of paper, including non-conventional legal paper, portrait paper and art paper.
- Easy and simple to use
- Continuous presser bar
- Can punch up to 20 sheets of paper at a time
- Offers automatic paper binding
- Designed for commercial use
- The rubber wheels can sometimes act up
Binding Machines Features
Now that you’ve determined how you will use your new binding machine, it’s time to consider features and options.
- Binding capacity: As noted above, a machine that cannot do what you need is not going to be of much use to you.
- Punching capacity: How many sheets your binding machine can punch at once may not seem like an important factor, but it is the biggest consideration when it comes to production rate.
- Manual or electric: Since there are two steps — punching and binding — needed to create a book, there are two places where you could benefit by automating the process. Some binding machines only offer electric binding, while higher-end models may also offer electric punching.
- Removable binding: Some binding machines come apart so that one person can be punching while the other is binding. This feature can double your production rate.
- Vertical feed: Some machines use gravity to help ensure that the pages are fully loaded into the machine before punching. You can easily distinguish these models because the pages load from the top.
If you have been searching for the best binding machine, it is my hope that now you know which products you should consider. Below are some other things you need to know about binding machines.
Q. Are binding machines worth it?
A. Binding machines will give your projects a professional look and this is the reason why they are so popular. You will also find that they are affordable, durable and very easy to use.
Q. What other materials do I need?
A. Other than the printed sheets, there are only two materials you will need to create a booklet. You will need a durable front and back cover to help protect and preserve the inside pages, and you will need a plastic comb that is the right size for your project.
Q. What if I want to change my project after I bind the pages?
A. With comb binding, that is not a problem. If you would like to add pages, remove pages, or even just reorganize a few pages, simply slip the booklet into your binding machine to open the comb and remove the paper. You can then adjust your project however you’d like and close the comb to have a brand new book.