As a kid, a pogo stick is an awesome toy that lets you jump higher than a kangaroo. When you’re older, it can transform into a vehicle that allows you to excel in extreme sports. Once you become an adult, it can be a high-intensity, low-impact part of your workout routine. But how do you know which pogo stick is right for you?
Some pogo jumpers have a little squeaky device that sounds every time they jump. These are a good indoor activity jumper. They do not take up a lot of space and will not be hard on your floors. The nice thing about pogo jumpers is they can handle a lot of weight – often up to 200 or 250 pounds. They also fold and store easily.
If you have a very active child, a pogo jumper can be a good choice for helping them get some wiggles out. The only major considerations will have to be if they are tall enough to use it. They will need to be taller than the length of the handle in order to get the tension needed to bounce easily.
To help answer these questions and many more, we’ve put together a list of the top 5 best pogo sticks we could find currently on the market this year. Compare and contrast our selection to see which one might fit your pogo needs. Let’s take a look at what we found, starting with…
5 Best Pogo Sticks of 2021:
The foam pogo stick is very popular among children and adults. So why choose this one?
Firstly, the foam material is soft, it feels good and gentle touch to your feet. And it makes you feel more relaxed and comfortable when you play. Even you are a kid, it adsorbs higher impact and makes you jump higher and longer. The material of this item can fix your body fastly and protects you from falling from higher height.
Secondly, the foam allows you to make squeaky sounds. It is so cool, unlike any others. The pogo stick is awesome for bouncing games and perfect for parties. Boys and girls would love it extremely to play with it.
- Non-slip foot platform
- Durably built
- Extra long bungee cord
- Great customer service
- Perfect for young kids
- Not the most durable
- Might be hard for some kids to operate
Is your kid a newbie when it comes to pogo stick jumping? Or is he or she at the beginner or intermediate level in pogo stick riding? Then the Flybar foam master pogo stick for boys & girls is that exciting and unique pogo stick specifically designed for kids aged nine years and above who weigh about 80 to 160lbs.
The Flybar foam master pogo stick is the perfect pogo stick choice when it comes to giving your kids that healthy and exciting fun only pogo stick jumping can give. It comes with extra wide non-slip foot pads which help to keep your kids in control during jumps. Did I also mention that these foot pads are replaceable?
Manufactured to last for a long time, the Flybar foam master pogo stick comes in a rugged metal frame that is covered in precision-made foam to guarantee the safety of your kids while they enjoy a wonderful “pogoing” experience.
- Great for kids under ten to learn how to jump
- Durable and safe pogo stick
- Lightweight and colorful
- Wide stance bounce tip gives durability and stability
- Non-slip footpegs are sturdy
- Not suitable for small kids
- Springs might get rusted
This is an impressive jumping stick that is meant to bring fun to your kids. If your kid is between the age of 5 and 10 years, they will basically find this pogo stick very useful. The good thing about this stick is that it is made for both boys and girls. The maximum load capacity is 90 lbs.
To guarantee the safety of your kids, you will appreciate that it features some non-slip pedals not forgetting about the safety foam handle. It is also very important for your kid to wear a helmet before using this product. With the different color variations available, you will definitely choose what is best for your kids.
This pogo stick for boys and girls will help the kids remain very active, it is made according to the required safety standards so you should never worry about that. What’s more, it uses quality materials to guarantee that it lasts.
- It has an awesome design
- Non-slip pedals for safety
- Built to last
- Supports up to 90 lbs. weight capacity
- Spring might get stiff
- Not for kids over 10+ years
This pogo stick from New Bounce is a great accessory for young kids just starting out. It measures 94 by 24 by 6cm and is lightweight at 2kg. Despite the compact size, this product can withhold a weight between 40 to 80lbs, or 18 to 36kg.
This pogo stick was curated with safety as a priority. It consists of a metal frame which is wrapped in foam.
Additionally, there are foot pads which are covered in a non-slip cover to provide both comfort and stability during use. The handles are designed to maintain a firm attachment thanks to the thick foam cover.
Foot pegs are strategically placed at the base to reduce the risk of slipping on flat surfaces. The design of this pogo stick is wide stance which is best for even weight distribution and control.
This pogo stick is available in black and green. There is also a rainbow colour option available.
- Good for kids
- Safety first design
- Good level of bounce
- Comes with a stiff spring
- Not ideal for lightweight kids
The Vurtego V4 pro pogo stick which is made and assembled by hand in the U.S.A is the most advanced pogo stick ever created. One distinguishing feature that sets the Vurtego V4 apart from the rest of the pack is the fact that it does not make use of the traditional springs most pogo sticks are made from. These traditional springs cannot be adjusted on the fly.
The Vurtego V4 has 10% more air than the V3, thereby allowing each rider to adjust the stick’s pressure to a preferred setting. Wow! This means an 80-pound kid can use the same exact V4 as a 300-pound adult. It’s just a matter of changing the air pressure. For those taller than 4’8″ and also weigh more than 75 pounds, this is the pogo stick for you.
Its adjustable air pressure works such that when it is pumped to low pressure; the spring becomes soft, thereby limiting your jump. But when it is pumped up to higher, the spring stiffens some more, and you can jump higher. But when the air pressure is pumped up too much, the spring becomes so hard; it just won’t budge.
- An adjustable air pressure
- Has 10% more air than the V3
- Comes with soft and gentle rubber grip handles
- Inspires kids to beat their previous score
- It’s more of a toy and not an actual stick
- Kids above seven years may not enjoy it
Pogo Sticks Buying Guide
- Weight: This one is the first and among the most important factors that you will need to keep in mind when doing the purchase. First, you need to make sure that the product you choose has the required weight capacity for you. Apart from that, you will need to check at the weight aspect itself to make sure that you will be able to carry the stick wherever you go.
- Footing: Regardless of the type of pogo stick that you choose, the footpegs will always have different designs. Depending on the manufacturer, you will realize that some have a smaller design compared to others. Others will also come with a non-slip surface which is very ideal for user safety. It would be ideal to choose a pogo stick that has some rubber on the footing as it becomes ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Grip: Most sticks being offered in the market today come with some grip on the handlebar. This is very essential since it helps to provide a very good grip. It is also crucial to understand that various manufacturers use different methods to make sure that the pogo stick has a superior grip.
Using your new pogo stick will only be fun if you know how to safely bounce. Following are some tips to get you started and help keep you safe.
- Inspect your pogo stick. Give it a once-over to make sure everything is tight and secure. Also, give it a good shake to be certain there are no rattles before taking that first jump.
- Check your jumping area before you start. You want to make sure there are no hazards below or above you.
- Test the surface for safety. Tilt your pogo stick at a 45-degree angle and give it a shove. If it slides across your jumping surface, the area you’ve picked is too slick.
- Grab a friend. If this is your first time, the best way to get the feel of a pogo stick is to have a friend steady you by holding the handles until you can find your balance point.
- Keep the stick upright. Do not lean your pogo stick away from you; keep it as close to a 90-angle as possible.
Pogo Sticks FAQs
Q. What is the right size pogo stick for me?
A. Pogo sticks typically have a minimum and maximum weight range. You need to be sure to purchase a pogo stick that accommodates your weight. For instance, if the pogo stick is rated for 80 to 160 pounds, it is not the right model for a 60-pound child. Additionally, for maximum comfort, when you are standing with both feet on the pegs, the hand grips should come roughly to your hips.
Q. What is the world record for most pogo stick jumps?
A. As of 2013, the record is held by a high school student from Michigan named Zack Sands who tried for a jump of 1,664 pogo stick hops in 60 minutes, jumping over 3,000 times. He easily beat the previous record holder, a teenager from Colorado who was only able to make it to 789 jumps.
Q. How high can I bounce?
A. The answer depends on your comfort level and the quality of your pogo stick. Starting off, you might not want to go very high. However, as you grow more and more comfortable, if you have a high-end model, jumping four or five feet into the air may become your norm. If you decide you want to be the best, you’re going to have to work pretty hard because the current world record is just over 11 feet high.
Q. Are pogo sticks dangerous?
A. Yes and no. Like any other activity involving fitness or your body, if you do it carelessly or recklessly, you could seriously injure yourself, and possibly some others around you. I’d say the same thing about skateboarding, skydiving, or driving a tank with no driver’s license. If you use common sense, you can be safe and still have fun.